Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Image via @oldyorkla/Instagram
- Kick off your afternoon at golden turban winner and
- Next, walk over to new boutique Old York (5151 York Blvd). In addition to shopping affordable vintage treasures, expect to find new apparel and accessories from a host of local labels like Sugar Lips and
- Now that you've got your treasure hunting gloves on, head over to Possession Vintage (5119 York Blvd). There, you'll find a superb selection of pre-loved gems from decades past, like 1960s Mod dres
- Continue your vintage shopping sesh at Honeywood Vintage (5117 York Boulevard), a hip haven of unique finds "inspired by Frida Kahlo's closet." On top of offering plenty of boho frocks and desert-ready
- By now, your tummy should be grumbling after all that spending, so we suggest an early dinner at Eater fave Sonny's Hideaway (5137 York B
Now that we've already explored hipster haven Silver Lake (and discovered DTLA, Westwood Village, Melrose and many more), how about we head over to another artsy shopping stretch in the Eastside? For today's installment of our Perfect Saturday series, we're honing in on Highland Park's York Boulevard, which Condé Nast Traveler recently called out as our city's latest on-the-rise hub of indie boutiques.
You may recall our previous shopping and grubbing guide, but there've been a few new additions to the creative corridor's vintage shopping scene. From essential home decor spot Shopclass to new boutique Old York to old-school cocktails at Sonny's Hideaway, we've rounded up a handful of must-stop spots to tackle during your afternoon retail therapy sesh. Let's go!
· All Perfect Saturday Posts [Racked]
· Shop Vintage Designer and Delicious Confections on Melrose [Racked]
· Where to Score Denim Deals and Dessert in Westwood Village [Racked]
· Where to Score Boho Duds & Patty's Day Treats in Studio City [Racked]