Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Actress Melanie Griffith is clearly on the pulse of our city's shopping scene. Last fall, the stylish mom spent a mother/daughter day with Stella Banderas at monochrome-loving boutique Stacey Todd, and we've personally spotted the two at cool kid shop Opening Ceremony. No stranger to luxe retail therapy, the 56-year-old Automata star channeled autumn during a spending sesh with a friend in West Hollywood, notes Daily Mail UK.
Sporting a tweed jacket and plum turtleneck with rusty orange skinnies and suede knee-high boots, Griffith hit up high-end shop Maxfield's and LA basics designer James Perse's store with a friend. Unfortch, the two returned to the car with a surprise that'll turn any shopping spree into a downer—a parking ticket. Guess that's LA for you. For the rest of this week's celeb sightings, click on the jump below.
· Farmers Market (6333 W 3rd Street): "Joel and Sparrow [Madden] headed over to West Hollywood to the Farmers Market to buy stickers [Monday, March 31]." [Babyrazzi]
· Guitar Center (7425 Sunset Boulevard): "A couple of days after getting beaten up on Skid Row, actor Zac Efron and his barefooted friend [were spotted] out shopping at Guitar Center in Hollywood, California on April 3, 2014." [Zimbio]
· The Grove (189 The Grove Drive): "Safe Haven actress Julianne Hough and a friend stop by The Grove to catch a movie in Los Angeles, California on April 1, 2014." [Fashion 247]
· Bed Bath & Beyond (12555 Ventura Boulevard): "Almost Human actress Minka Kelly out shopping for a Shark Navigator Vacuum at Bed, Bath & Beyond in Studio City, California on April 1, 2014." [Zimbio]
· Urban Outfitters (12110 Ventura Boulevard): "Ashley Tisdale tries to keep a low profile in a cap while doing some retail therapy at Urban Outfitters on Tuesday afternoon [April 1] in Studio City, Calif." [JustJared Jr.]
· All Hot Spots Coverage [Racked]