Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photos via Goodwill SoCal/Facebook
- Eager shoppers stampede the entrance on opening day.
- Shopper digging into the outlet bins, where textiles go for $1.49/pound and hardgoods go for $0.69/pound.
- Mannequins showing off Goodwill's idea of spring's top trends. (White bootcut jeans, anyone? No?)
Earlier this month, we revealed that Goodwill was set to open its new flagship retail store and outlet center in Atwater Village. It's no surprise that bargain hunters flocked to the thrift store chain's 135,000-square-foot secondhand wonderland on opening day, scoring cool perks like $10 merch vouchers and free tote bags. See below for more flagship snaps and info on next week's freebee-filled launch party for the space's Community Enrichment Center.
If you missed the opening day action, fear not, as Goodwill still has one more party to throw. Next Thursday, May 1 from 11am to 4pm, the flagship will toast the unveiling of its Community Enrichment Center at Fletcher Square, which offers programs and services that address the employment, education, health and universal needs of the community. In addition to hooking up 25% off all women's, men's and kids pants at the retail store, the event will feature resume-building workshops, yoga and Zumba sessions, free health and wellness screening, and 20% off meals at the center's new eatery, Café G. Learn more here.
· Goodwill [Official Site]
· Goodwill's Huge LA Flagship and Outlet Center Opens on Friday [Racked]