Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Image via @squaresvillevintagela/Instagram
- Image via The Black Hatter Wasteland Address: 7428 Mel
- Image via @squaresvillevintagela/Instagram Squaresville Address: 1800
- Image via Decades/Facebook
- Image via Ampersand Address: 658 N Larchmont Boulevard Sellin
- Buttons & Bows Address: 548 S Spring Street #112 Selling options: Consignment only What you can sell: Authentic designer name brands and classic vintag
- Image via Crossroads Trading Company/Facebook Crossroads Trading Co.<
- Image via Timeout Shareen Vintage Address: 1721
- Image via Lucky You Resale/Facebook
- Image via Buffalo Exchange Address: 131 N La Brea A
- Image via Citysearch Haute Seconds
- Image via My Town Eagle Rock Owl Talk Clothing Addr
- Image via Recess Address: 111 N La Brea Avenue Selling options: Consignment only <
- Image via Espionage Address: 7456 Beverly Boulevard Selling options: Consignment o
From Closet Rich to Shop Hers to Walk In My Closet, it's clear that LA is the birthplace of some of the web's raddest resale e-shops. But did you know that our city also hosts a ton of brick-and-mortar boutiques that can turn your closet castoffs into cash just as easily?
Whether you're interested in going the consignment route (aka getting paid on commission once an item sells in-store) or you'd prefer to be paid upfront in cash or store credit, there are more than a dozen local shopping destinations to shill your pre-loved duds at. Check out a detailed list of our top picks below, start prepping your unwanted threads, and be sure to bring a photo ID when you're ready to let them go for some serious dough.