Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The warm-up included deep lunges to the sounds of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Where else could we pair our planks with some sweet Phantogram beats?
- The studio's view is just lovely.
- Our post-workout rewarded involved ice-cold AQUAhydrate beverages and free totes. We'll definitely be back. If you didn't make it to our RFC session and still have yet to try FlyBarre, remember that your first class is always on the house!
While one would normally scoff at the thought of working out on a Monday (we've been there, trust), we were pumped all weekend thinking about our Racked Fit Club sesh at LA's first-ever FlyBarre studio. As promised, the 60-minute class was both fun and effective, offering a unique full-body workout generously powered by the perfect playlist.
FlyBarre marketing coordinator and instructor Alyssa Mandell prepared a custom mix for our class that included bangers by Robyn, Ellie Goulding, Ratatat and more. While it was certainly a fun-filled dance party, Mandell was not messing around when it came to making sure that we were on top of our calorie-burning A-game. She worked our core, sculpted our arms and toned our thighs, leaving us feeling accomplished and ready to take on the week ahead.
· FlyBarre LA [Flywheel]
· Explore FlyBarre's First LA Studio (and Score a Free Workout!) [Racked]