Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photos by Elizabeth Daniels
- "Every class is set to music and every move is choreographed, so you have a really nice flow to your workout," Mandell (pictured) explains. "All our instructors make their own playlists, so they're essentially their own DJs. Because every class is diff
- "FlyBarre is inclusive yet it's exclusive; we welcome everybody, but because there are only 18 to 20 mats in our studio, you feel like it's an exclusive experience. Smaller classes also allow our instructors to give individual corrections, because if your
- All FlyBarre classes come equipped with mats, towels, water, weights, resistance bands, therapy balls and other props. There are also showers and lockers available. Recommended workout attire is a fitted top and fitted pants. You can choose to wear socks
- If you're wondering if FlyBarre will also be coming to Flywheel's swanky Larchmont studio, chances are pretty slim. "Lar
- Now, the fun part: next Monday, March 31 at 2:15pm, we're welcoming FlyBarre to the neighborhood with our very own Racked Fit Club class—and you're invited. The FREE hour-long session will be led by the adorable Alyssa Mandell and thir
As seen in our January poll, our city is already chock-full of diehard-driven barre studios. But that hasn't stopped readers from frequently asking us when FlyBarre, the East Coast body sculpting craze brought to you by indoor cycling giant Flywheel Sports, would finally start shaping LA. After months of anticipation, the wait is over: FlyBarre has just opened its first-ever studio inside Flywheel WeHo's generously sunlit space. Not only do we have a first look at the new digs, but we're also hosting a Racked Fit Club class there next Monday!
"What sets us apart from other barre workouts is that we're a bit more athletic," explains FlyBarre marketing coordinator and instructor Alyssa Mandell. "When you take the athleticism and philosophies of Flywheel, you see a lot of parallels in our barre. You're going to tone, you're going to work your core, you're going to sculpt, you're going to have fun, and you're actually going to see results." Available from 6:15am to 7:30pm, classes are $25 and last either 45 minutes ("Power 45") or one hour ("FlyBarre 60").
· FlyBarre LA [Flywheel]
· Vote! What is LA's Best Barre Studio? [Racked]
· Hottest Trainer Contestant #14: Aree Khodai [Racked]
· Sweating, Dancing, Torqing: Racked Rides with Flywheel WeHo [Racked]