Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Fun fact: Store owner Lisa Khakshouri—who left her stint as the only U.S. celebrity relations contact for famed fashion house Salvatore Ferragamo—had these gorgeous gold racks custom-made for the boutique.
- "My favorite moment is when a client poses in a dress in front of the mirror and shares with me where she sees herself wearing it. I love that moment because that’s when I know that dress is the perfect match for her," Khakshouri tells us.
- This lucite clutch needs to be in our closet now.
- Ludwig boutique is located at 9909 Santa Monica Blvd in Beverly Hills.
Random celeb sightings, juice bars, indoor cycling studios: without them, the City of Angels would be but a freeway-filled, car-obsessed town with a few famous faces. As proven by the plethora of throwback shopping options, our exceptional vintage scene is also quintessential to the LA experience (recycling fashion counts as reducing our carbon footprint, no?) The latest little treasure trove to grace us with more retail therapy is Ludwig boutique, now charming the outskirts of Beverly Hills with even more top-notch gems from decades past.
Located at 9909 Santa Monica Blvd, the 700-square-foot space stocks an expertly curated selection of classic and designer merch, from brilliant beaded cocktail dresses to jacquard jaw-droppers to seriously Megan Draper-worthy Swinging Sixties frocks and more by big names like Oscar de la Renta, YSL, Dior and Chanel, plus lesser-known lines and department store labels. The shop opened just last month and has already scored fans like Birkin-burning reality star/Hollywood child Francesca Eastwood and Team Zoe—better head over stat before her Majeness herself clears out house. After the jump, learn more about the stellar new store and see more photos inside.
Ludwig Boutique is open Mondays through Saturdays from 11am to 6pm.
· Ludwig [Official Site]
· Inside New Designer Vintage Mecca Bustown Modern on Melrose [Racked]