Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Image of Urban Outfitters via @westwoodvillage/Instagram
- Start your Perfect Saturday with brunch at Westwood Village's newest Eater-approved spot Simplethings (10874 Kinross Ave), an offshoot from th
- Once your stomach is sufficiently satisfied, refresh your spring wardrobe and hit up hipster haven Urban Outfitters (1100 Westwood Blvd) around the corner. The college kid hot spot recently scored a
- If you're strolling through Westwood with a guy pal or in you're in need of some sleek travel goods, pay a visit to Clark & Madison (10918 Kinross Ave). Find men's basics from LA-based brand
- Next, head over to AG Jeans' pop-up store (1029 Westwood Blvd), which is courting cash-strapped college students' wallets with denim deals
- What a day! Now that you've scored denim for a steal and stocked up on spring essentials, it's time to reward your sweet tooth with cold treats at Diddy Riese (926 Broxton Ave). It's not uncommon to find a line out the door at this popular dessert shop, w
Now that you know how to spend a Perfect Saturday at pedestrian-friendly shopping stretches in Studio City, DTLA, Pasadena, Venice and more, it's time to head over the hill and explore Westwood Village. A happening hot spot during the disco days, this historic 'hood is now buzzing with Bruins from nearby UCLA.
Just like the rest of our walkable weekend haunts, this Westside nabe has enough retail and resto options for a full day's worth of adventures (including the pop-up loving Hammer Museum, which is now admission-free!), so we've put together a cliff's notes version that includes some of its latest shopping additions. After the jump, find out where to explore just a few of Westwood Village's gems, from its latest pop-up shops to a locally-loved dessert spot and more.
Update: Urban Outfitters has relocated to a new space at 1038 Westwood Boulevard.