Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Images via Elyse Walker.
- Now available at Elyse Walker's Pacific Palisades boutique: Lady sling backs (top left) and Barbara pointed-toe flats (bottom), both $495.
- Suede fringe booties, $745
- Lesley P. espadrille peep-toe wedges in camo, available April/May, $475
- Dee espadrille flats in satik print, available April, $380.
If you're a footwear fiend who rejoiced at the news that multi-hyphenate extraordinaire Elyse Walker was set to debut her very own line of walkable steppers, we hope your wallet's in a good mood. The LA stylist's Cali-inspired collection is now shoppable in stores and online this very minute, with more styles slated to drop now through the summer.
"I wanted to create wearable, comfortable shoes that can work for the every-day California woman," Walker tells us about her range of day-to-night flats, espadrilles, fringe booties, sling-backs and pumps. "I chose colors and patterns like the satik—which I love—because to me it just goes perfectly with the laid-back California beach culture that we are accustomed to. Ultimately, I'm designing for the woman who's chic without taking herself too seriously."
The shoe designer gave us an exclusive sneak peek of her latest collection that's expected to hit her Pacific Palisades boutique and online retailers—including her own e-shop, Forward. From the above Sable heels ($575) to a very summer-ready tie-dye update to Walker's espadrille flats, see more after the jump.
In love? Shoppers can pre-order their fave pairs by emailing email@example.com.
· Forward [Official Site]
· Elyse Walker [Official Site]
· Where Elyse Walker Finds Sweet Treats in Malibu [Racked]
· 5 Fun Facts From Elyse Walker's Los Angeles Confidential Profile [Racked]
· Elyse Walker to Launch Line of Walkable Heels, More Next Month [Racked]