Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Oak's massive DTLA store boasts 2,200 square feet of minimalist cool merch for men and women.
- White-dipped denim and gothy-cool basics.
- KORE Swim's stylish swimwear is ready for an Ace Hotel pool party.
- Sleek, drapey duds in black, black and more black.
- Okay, so it's not all black and white in here.
- Comfy sweaters and hoodies in neutral hues.
- Clever tees from Oak.
- The gloriously gothy accessories area.
- We want it all.
- Welcome to LA, Oak!
It's all coming together at Downtown's very booming 9th and Broadway. Now that Angelenos have a cult fave Swede (Acne), a hipster haven (Urban Outfitters), an Aussie apothecary (Aesop) and a Portland leather pro (Tanner Goods), Tarina Tarantino's downstairs neighbor has added their monochrome merch into the mix of Perfect Saturday shopping options. This past weekend, NYC-based Oak quietly opened their massive Sparkle Factory storefront, right across the street from cool kid haunt the Ace Hotel.
Located at 910 S Broadway (not 908 S Broadway as previously reported), the bright and airy 2,200-square-foot space boasts the brand's in-house line alongside more men's and women's inventory from indie designers both local and global. In addition to Oak's own edgy basics and avant-garde apparel, expect to find accessories from Costume National, jeans from BLK DNM, stylish streetwear from Won Hundred, luxe leather bags by Golden Lane, swimwear from Kore Swim, footwear from Kelsi Dagger and Vic Matié and so much more.
That's not all! We hear Oak's Westward expansion will continue with a flagship on Beverly Blvd—stay tuned for more! In the meantime, get to know the goth-leaning retailer's new DTLA boutique and check out the gallery after the jump.
Oak is open Mondays through Saturdays from 11am to 9pm and Sundays from 11am to 7pm; hours subject to change.
· Oak [Official Site]
· OAK NYC Snaps Up A First Floor Space at the Sparkle Factory [Racked]
· 9th & Broadway Wins Again: A.P.C. & OAK NYC Heading to DTLA [Racked]
· American Apparel Snaps Up Cool NY Shop Oak, Eyes LA Spaces [Racked]