Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Joanie, aka Mad Men star Christina Hendricks.
- The stylish scene.
- Oh hey there, Racked pal and Hart of Dixie star Jaime King.
- The artsy folks at Crafting Community decked out the Unique Space with top-notch vintage-meets-modern decor.
- Unique LA/Unique Space/LA wonderwoman Sonja Rasula.
- Can we have it?
- Hunters Alley made sure partygoers ate the rainbow.
- @djjohnnyknight spinning remixed Hall & Oates, Daft Punk and more beats on the decks.
- Kitschy kitchen cuteness.
- These salted peanut butter oatmeal and cream sandwiches were too good.
- Colorful floral accoutrements by LA floral designer @twigandtwine.
- Image of @sophia_amoruso via @alisonpincus/Instagram.
We knew it was only a matter of time before DTLA's inspiration-inducing Unique Space became the go-to venue for hip happenings and stylish soirees. Last night, new online vintage marketplace Hunters Alley—brought to us by the geniuses behind furniture and decor flash sale site One Kings Lane—transformed the massive Arts District spot into an IRL treasure trove for their LA launch party.
While partygoers sipped on '60s-inspired cocktails by the master mixologists at Pharmacie LA and snacked on artisanal apps from creative caterers Urban Palate, we spotted
Joan Harris seriously gorg Mad Men star Christina Hendricks chilling on mid-century modern chairs (of course!) while our shopping pal Jamie King checked out throwback treasures to take back to her abode. Unfortch, we missed #GirlBoss Sophia Amoruso, who apparently arrived fashionably late.
The entire experience (and major interior design dream) was whipped up by the creative mavens at Crafting Community, who gave every corner of the space a blast-to-the-past treatment. After the jump, check out our gallery to see more inside the scene.
· Hunters Alley [Official Site]
· The Unique Space [Official Site]
· Downtown Modernism's Mid-Century Mecca Returns This Month [Racked]