Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Looks from designer Bri Seeley. Image via LA Fashion Council.
- Rooney Mara- and Emmy Rossum-faved designer Katharine Kidd presented dark florals (
- One-year-old label Colton Dane's fall/winter line is all about "timeless elegance and sophisticated appeal [...] for the confident, sensual woman." Photos by Paolo Fortades.
- Linden designer Jennifer Lynn (see one of her looks at left) says her latest eco-conscious collection—which includes layered, textured pieces like fish-leather trimmed leggings and silk shirt dresses—was inspired by artist James Turrell and th
- Looks by Bellen Brand (left) and Stella Proseyn; photos by Paolo Fortades. Bellen Brand co-founder Alexandria Norman says the Made-in-the-U.S. basics line is inspired by the "girl [who] loves hip-hop, bu understands jazz." Stella Proseyn designer Debbie T
- Colorblocked carryalls by Mofe. Image via LA Fashion Council.
Unlike last year's grand runway shows at The Grove, the LA Fashion Council opted for a low-key rooftop setting for their fall/winter 2014 presentations. Don't think for a second that LAFC founder Kelsi Smith has decided to slow things down—instead, she's ditching the big tent treatment to devote more energy to Japan Fashion Week, where she's jetting to this minute to present our town's top talents in Tokyo.
In addition to showcasing LAFC alumni like Katharine Kidd, Open Runway winner Rose La Grua's line That's Totally Fine, Linden and Stella Proseyn, the al fresco affair also welcomed newcomers like Bellen Brand, Colton Dane, Bri Seeley and Together. Noticeably absent were Bohemian Society's avant-garde creations and Odylyne's mystical hippie maxis—while the former is getting a global audience in Japan, the latter is heading down a different runway, as Odylyne designer Stephanie Lampkin is launching her first bridal collection this year. After the jump, check out a few looks from the presentations.
· LA Fashion Council [Official Site]
· All LAFW Fall 2014 Coverage [Racked]
· 10 LA Fashion Week Shows and Parties Worth Hitting Up [Racked]
· LAFC's Kelsi Smith is Tired of You Slamming LA Fashion Week [Racked]