Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Vintage Halston dresses inside L'Ermitage Hotel's 1970s-themed Suite 100.
- The party got started downstairs, where the L'Ermitage's Livello Pavilion was transformed into a Studio 54-inspired space, complete with a model perched atop a white horse, Bianca Jagger-
- The special raspberry-infused Studio 54 cocktail was delish.
- Partygoers were treated to tasty finger foods like veggie spring rolls, deep-fried artichoke, stuffed mushrooms, mini lamb shanks and more.
- Elizabeth Taylor greets guests when they first enter L'Ermitage Hotel's Suite 100.
- The suite's closet comes with vintage Halston dresses, handbags and shoes, including Amy Adams' brown leather dress, as see
- We ran into celeb stylist Phillip Bloch, who posed in front of Andy Warhol's portrait of Jane Fonda. Bloch raved to us about meeting the activist actress during this year's Academy Awards festivities.
- Ready to catch some zzzz's?
- We were loving @annamarienewell and @dagmarette's vintage style.
- Andy Warhol's art decorates the space.
- Partygoers hang out in the fancy marble bathroom.
- A sketch inspired by Halston.
- Photos of Halston with Liza Minnelli.
- The Interview magazine-covered bathroom.
- Last call! Partygoers enjoy one last moment inside Suite 100 before the end of the bash.
You didn't think Beverly Hills' 100th birthday bash would stop at just a big flower float and a bunch of party favors, did you? We had a feeling the bougie 'nabe wouldn't forget fashion during their fancy schmancy festivities, and the 90210 tapped a host of boutique hotels to go retro in honor of their Centennial celebration. The result: Uber ritzy rooms that each pay homage to a stylish decade in history and its fashion, culture, icons and more.
Seeing as the Golden Globes-winning American Hustle has everyone digging the days of disco, the L'Ermitage Hotel decked out its special Suite 100 with pop art by the iconic Andy Warhol, vintage fashion from the archives of legendary designer Halston—including a leather dress worn by actress Amy Adams in the aforementioned film—an iPad-powered photobooth and more. Dreamed up by interior designer Ken Fulk, the 1970s-themed room will cost guests $1,914—cleverly priced after the year of Bev Hills' founding—and offers add-ons like a personal mixologist or photographer ($500 each for two hours) and a glamorous black car service (in a Rolls-Royce Corniche, natch) for $1,500 to $3K.
We took a peek inside the room during the hotel's Studio 54-inspired bash, which included a Bianca Jagger-inspired moment—see more in the gallery after the jump.
· L'Hermitage Hotel [Official Site]
· Behold: The Rose Parade's Beverly Hills Float in All Its Glory [Racked]
· Beverly Hills to Fête 100 Years with Rose Parade Float, More [Racked]
· Pins, Mugs, More: Shop Beverly Hills' Official Centennial Gear [Racked]