Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photo via Steven Alan.
- Start your day at one of LA's top yoga studios, Liberation Yoga (124 South La Brea Ave)
- After cooling down at Liberation, hop across the street to The Sycamore Kitchen, aka one of Eater LA's
- (Need to add more money to your parking meter? Now's the time.) Continue your afternoon indulgence with a little spending at Steven Alan, located a few doors down. Bonus: their first shipment for spr
- Once you've marveled over the minimalist style at clean-and-sophisticated Steven Alan, switch things up with a trip across the street to Nick Metropolis. Prepare to be amazed by "King of Collectable"
- Cap your day off with a visit to District La Brea's pride and joy, American Rag CIE. Equipped with a
While we enjoy getting out of town for a little R&R&R (rest, relaxation and retail therapy) every now and then (have you seen our Weekend Shopping Trip guides to Joshua Tree, San Diego and Vegas?), sometimes a local adventure is equally satisfying—especially when limited driving is involved.
To inspire some weekend exploring, every Friday we're going to start highlighting neighborhoods and shopping stretches that offer close-in-proximity shops, bites, beauty and wellness, accompanied by an agenda filled with a day's worth of activities. This is the first installment of our Perfect Saturday series, starring Mid-City.