Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Brazilian brand Carrano feted the Oscars with free fancy footwear.
- New lifestyle brand Modere not only makes non-toxic skincare, haircare and household products, they also make wellness supplements, diet chews and energy shots. Oh, they also make non-GMO superfood chocolate bars, too.
- Calorie-saving concoctions seems to be a pleaser.
- Relax, PETA police, no lovable labs were harmed in the making of any gift bags. Pet tech brand Voyce showed off their cool canine collars to loungegoers, because if us bipeds can enjoy the convenience of h
- One lucky celeb walked away with an all-expenses paid vacay to Bali from Mulia Resort. The not-so-lucky folks got consolation prizes like five-day hotel stays, free meals included. Must be nice.
- LA-based brand Me Undies's banana leaf boxers were very Beverly Hills Hotel-ready.
- We were diggin' this dope custom-made necklace by LA's Jewelry by Veronique. Teddybears, cannabis leaves, daisies...Wonder who it's for...
- Katy Perry and Rachel Bilson are fans of Jewelry by Veronique's whimsical wares. This unicorn pendant was a big hit.
- Red Carpet Manicure gifted guests with LED gel kits, not that celebs do their own nails anyway.
- Celeb manicurist Christina Aviles and Red Carpet Manicure dreamed up these metallic nail art designs. Let's play a game of match the mani with the movie, shall we?
Our Oscar gifting suite adventures continue over at the super swanky (and Goop-approved) Andaz Hotel, where celebs were treated to more gratis goodies at the Kari Feinstein Style Lounge. Vendors ran the gamut at this one, from well-established international brands looking to invade the U.S. market to just-launched lines eager to push their products to possible celeb endorsers, like pint-sized triple-threat Kristin Chenoweth, singer Christina Milian, Gossip Girl actress Jessica Szohr and American Hustle actor Jeremy Renner, to name a few.
The biggest ticket item came courtesy of Mulia Resort, which gifted select guests (read: celebs ranking B-list and above) all-inclusive getaways to Bali—because being bogged down by all those heavy grab bags warrants some tropical R&R, no? In addition to sipping up organic bottled java and popping appetite-suppressing candies (and cheating a bit with the many sugary treats along the way), guests also enjoyed free lash extensions from JB Lashes, Katy Perry-approved accoutrements from LA's Jewelry by Veronique, LED gel manis by Red Carpet Manicure and more. After the jump, check out what else was in store for the lucky gifting suite visitors.
· All Awards Season Posts [Racked]
· Sexy Blowouts, Scientific Bites: SLS Hotel's Oscar Beauty Lounge [Racked]