Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- [Photo by Tinsel and Tin via @mohawkgeneralstore]
- After parking your wheels in one of Old Town's Park & Walk structures (parking is free for the first 90 minutes; we suggest the
- After fueling up on grub and caffeine, head up Fair Oaks Ave to adorable indie boutique The Loved One (2 East Holly Street), which stocks vintage frocks, shoes and accessories and merch from retro-loving LA labels lik
- You've probably surpassed the 90-minutes-free mark at this point, so do you move your car to ditch the parking fee or do you relax and say, "Chill man, I got this"? Either way, take a stroll down to the stress-defying pros at
- Next, head around the corner to cool kid hangout Mohawk General Store (24 Smith Alley) to continue your retail therapy tour. Just like their Silver Lake outpost, find all the cult fave brands you know and lo
- Finally, your journey ends at Eater-approved Confexion Cupcakes (11 W Dayton St), which takes the cake as one of the better
Old Town Pasadena is surely a destination for shopping the usual roster of big-name retailers and fast-fashion stalwarts (Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, J. Crew, H&M, Anthropologie, you get the idea), but there's plenty more to explore beyond fail-safe Colorado Blvd. While you may need to take a raincheck on tomorrow's retail therapy adventure if this cats-and-dogs nonsense continues, perhaps this edition of our Perfect Saturday series can help you plan ahead for next week's expected sunny skies. (Hey, Sundays can be just as perfect, too.)
Now that you've conquered Venice's Abbot Kinney, DTLA's booming Broadway and Mid-City's laid-back La Brea District, it's time to discover that city that brought us that little flower parade and Steven Urkel. From shopping for sexy lingerie and vintage gems at The Loved One to stocking up on cult cool designers at Mohalk General Store, read on for your itinerary for shopping and eating in the City of Roses. Don't forget your walking shoes!
· All Perfect Saturday Posts [Racked]
· How to Master a Car-Free Afternoon in Mid-City [Racked]
· How to Indulge in Style on DTLA's South Broadway [Racked]
· Where to Grub, Shop and Sip on Abbot Kinney Tomorrow [Racked]