Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The view from the Ace Hotel's Jesus Saves suite.
- The scene at designer Brett Johnson's private showcase at the Ace.
- The stylish, well-stocked kitchenette at Ace's cool terrace suite.
- Luxe outerwear from Brett Johnson's fall/winter 2014 collection.
- Stylish, uber-soft scarves.
- The designer himself.
- Delicious bites served by the Ace.
- Cool kicks and luxe leather belts.
As expected, it didn't take long for DTLA's Ace Hotel to follow in the footsteps of its sisters in NYC and Palm Springs. After hosting Acne's star-studded after-party in December, the boutique hotel played host to two more stylish soirees last night, swiftly claiming the crown as the go-to HQ for LA's fashion scene.
Up on the seventh floor, rising menswear designer Brett Johnson offered a sneak peek of his fall/winter 2014 collection, showcasing luscious leather jackets, luxe knits and killer kicks at the Ace's ritzy "Jesus Saves" terrace suite. The East Coast-based designer tells us the cool kid hot spot was the perfect backdrop for showcasing his latest line, adding that the hotel's stylish, jet-setting guests are the exact clientele he aims to dress.
Meanwhile, Pret-A-Reporter invaded the hotel's entire second floor, where LA's buzziest blogstars (including a host of Style Scroll regulars), industry insiders and celebs selfied, schmoozed and boozed during the fashion pub's massive pre-Oscars bash. Now who's ready for next month's LA Fashion Week? Clearly, the Ace.
· Ace Hotel [Official Site]
· Brett Johnson [Official Site]
· What Monday's Ace Hotel Opening Means for LA Fashion [Racked]