Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Jamzilla came and went (and somehow ended early), we narrowly survived a not-so-apocalyptic asteroid the size of three football fields and that darn blustery wind is once again making headlines, so we may as well blow all that cash stashed under our mattresses before the next harbinger of doomsday news, right? To toast the past week's decidedly non-threats to LA's population at large, here are six standout sales—from Minimale Animale to Babakul and more—to help you stay stylish in that basement bunker. To hell with non-perishable goods!
· Babakul (2301 E 7th St, Suite A 119): Tomorrow and Saturday, score up to 75% off the LA label's luxe boho outerwear, basics and more from their spring/summer 2013 and fall 2013 collections.
· SWAK Designs (21218 Vanowen St): Tomorrow and Saturday, save up to 90% off the plus-size brand's dresses, tops, accessories and more; note the sale is cash-only.
· Minimale Animale (10871 W Washington Blvd, Suite 101): This Saturday from 11am to 5pm, enjoy up to 70% off the LA brand's edgy swimwear during their one-day-only sample sale.
· Alessi (313 N Robertson Blvd): The Italian design house's sale at Diva Furniture continues through February 28th with savings of up to 80% offfurniture, home goods, kitchen accessories and more.
· All SaleWire Listings [Racked]