Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Urban Outfitters Rialto Theater. All but last two photos by Elizabeth Daniels.
- Once you valet or grab a parking spot at the lot next door, start your day off with brunch at Eater-approved LA Chapter, located at Downtown's
- After you grub, don't forget to swing by Ace's awesome lobby shop, filled with cool collaborations like the Ace Hotel x Skookum letterman jacket ($300) and limited-edition Converse x Ace leather high-top sneakers.
- One you've indulged in all things Ace, walk over to Urban Outfitters' treasure trove at the Rialto Theater (810 South Br
- If you're rolling with a dude or if you're into tough accessories, hit up Tanner Goods' just-opened digs at the corner of
- After Tanner, cross the street to land at Acne Studios (855 South Broadway) and experience the cult-favorite Swedish retailer's
Now that you know how to master a car-less afternoon in Mid-City's La Brea District, this weekend we suggest taking the same catch-all approach to DTLA, specifically South Broadway. This mega-busy shopping stretch is packed with new retail and resto gems, making it the perfect place to take a date post-Valentine's Day.
From sharing mindblowing pancakes at Ace Hotels LA Chapter to listening to records at Urban Outfitters Rialto Theater takeover to scoring matching wallets at Tanner Goods at the corner of 9th and Broadway, your parking-headache-free day awaits.
· How to Master a Car-Free Afternoon in Mid-City [Racked]
· Ace is the Place: Inside DTLA's Crazy-Stylish Ace Hotel [Racked]
· Ace, Aesop, Acne: DTLA's 9th and Broadway Is Where It's At [Racked]
· Stars, Swedes, Shrooms: Inside Acne DTLA's Spacey Opening [Racked]