Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Warming up before busting some moves.
- Getting long and lean to the sounds of James Blake.
- Taking a breather after a serious dance session around the room.
- Meet One Down Dog's mascot, Patrick the Dog!
- Ice-cold, fresh-pressed juices by Juicelove await.
- Sweaty and thirsty Racked Fit Clubbers tasting all Juicelove flavors.
- One Down Dog's rad retail offers include Cotton Citizen swag and Spiritu
- Patrick the Dog with his mom, One Down Dog founder Jessica Rosen.
We came, we saw, we got our asses kicked—and it hurt so good. Last night, Racked Fit Club ventured to Silver Lake to take in a class at LA's top-voted yoga studio, One Down Dog. As expected, the cardio-driven practice was nothing like the slow-paced moves we're used to experiencing at other places of "Om," allowing us to get a truly sweaty workout in before tonight's Valentine's Day festivities.
After taking in founder/instructor Jessica Rosen's music-infused yoga flows and motivational words (when a move was particularly hard, she whispered, "In the middle of difficult lies opportunity"), we joined One Down Dog's adorable mascot Patrick the Dog in the lobby. There we tasted an array of ice-cold refreshments by DTLA's Juicelove and shopped the studio's mini boutique filled with workout gear and yoga essentials. We'll definitely be back!
· One Down Dog [Official Site]
· Vote! What is LA's Best Yoga Studio? [Racked]
· Badass Yoga Studio One Down Dog Gets a Major Makeover [Racked]
· Score a Free Sweat Sesh at LA's Top Yoga Studio This Thursday! [Racked]