Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Image via Getty
- "From a galaxy far, far away: @officialrodarte #StarWars finale dresses." - @evachen212
- Skingraft tells Examiner that the collection was inspired by "the idea of dramatic climate change and an inevitable return to a dystopian sur
- More survivor gear.
- Skingraft's front row included Just Jared's Jared Eng, Kat Graham and J. Alexander.
- "Up and comer @gigihadid opens @itsjeremyscott in a furry football jersey dress." - @thefashionbeast
- "No way in the world I could pull of this look but nonetheless... Cool stuff @itsjeremyscott." - @jxxsy
- "If Jared Leto walked past you about a second before Jeremy Scott's show started and said "my apologies" for making everyone wait, would you forgive him?" - @elleusa
Rounding out our LA designer coverage at NYFW are the collections of Rodarte, Skingraft and Jeremy Scott. Unlike last year's spring shows, California was less of an inspiration this time around, which makes sense given that bundled-up style isn't exactly a sunny city specialty. Instead, our final batch of hometown heroes turned to another galaxy, showcasing out-of-this-world looks that sparked nostalgia and provoked thoughts.
From Rodarte's Star Wars gown finale (LA Times notes that the dresses are not for sale, sadly) to Skingraft's interpretation of survivalist wear to Jeremy Scott's zany spin on sporty, see some key snaps below.