Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.Images via Alternative
From their LA-inspired capsule collection to their many fashionable collabs, SoCal basics brand Alternative is no stranger to finding inspo from the City of Angels' creative enclaves and top-notch talents. For their latest homage to LA and its design masterminds, the label tapped their Venice neighbors and creative studio ITAL/C to dream up an exclusive line of retro men's and women's apparel.
Inspired by mid-century nautical design, the collection is exactly what you'd expect from a design firm whose mantra is to "approach every opportunity with the curiosity of Jacques Cousteau." Priced from $38 to $62, the coastal-minded range is comprised of super soft tees, hoodies, shorts and leggings. Check out more pieces from the line after the jump.
Love it? The retro merch lands in stores this Thursday, but you can shop the collection online now at Alternative's site here.
· Alternative [Official Site]
· Uncovet's Heather Lipner Teams Up with Alternative [Racked]
· Alternative Apparel Opens Their First Freestanding Shop [Racked]
· Alternative Apparel Lands a Second LA Location on Larchmont [Racked]
· Olivia Wilde & Alternative Apparel Design Unisex Bag for Charity [Racked]