Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Uniqlo isn't done showing love for LA. To thank our city for giving them a very warm welcome, the Japanese fast-fashion retailer is hosting a slew of free giveaways this Saturday, December 13th. Taking place all around town, the "Day of Freeness" involves things like candy at all LA locations, tickets to the LA Zoo, Diddy Riese ice cream sandwiches, and tons more. Read on for the full list and be sure to show up where noted, as everything is first come, first serve.
· Lolli & Pops: Complimentary Candy at all UNIQLO LA Stores, including the Santa Monica Place Pop-Up Shop. Lolli & Pops offers unique sweets from all over the world, including chocolate from Madagascar, sourbelts from Spain, and sodas from Japan, sourced from famed producers and local artisans, changing daily with batch size and availability.
· Pacific Wheel at Santa Monica Pier: 1000 Rides Courtesy of UNIQLO. The world's only solar-powered Ferris wheel gives visitors a panoramic view of the Southern California coastline from more than 130 feet above the Santa Monica Pier.
· LA Zoo: 1,000 Tickets Courtesy of UNIQLO. The Zoo is home to more than 1,100 mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles representing more than 250 different species of which 29 are endangered. In addition, the Zoo's botanical collection comprises several planted gardens and over 800 different plant species with over 7,400 individual plants. It is recommended to get to the zoo before 9am to get your ticket!
· Holiday Ice Rink at Pershing Square: Complimentary skating and skate rental during Winter Festival. Celebrating its 16th season at Pershing Square, 532 South Olive, the spacious rink is made possible through collaboration with the City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks, Councilmember 14th District, and Willy Bietak Productions which handles rink operations and management.
· SoulCycle: Complimentary classes at the Beverly Hills, Newport Beach and Santa Monica locations. Beverly Hills and Santa Monica classes will be at 3pm and Newport Beach classes will be at 2pm and 3 pm. SoulCycle will take reservations 45 minutes before class starts.
· Short Order –: 1,000 Complimentary Burgers. Short Order, located at the Original Farmers Market, celebrates classic Americana with traceable, wholesome, clean ingredients.
· All Uniqlo Coverage [Racked]
· Why Uniqlo is LA's Most Hyped Store Opening of 2014 [Racked]
· Confirmed! Uniqlo to South Coast Plaza, Beverly Center Next [Racked]