Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Image via This Is Ground/Facebook
- Apolis Transit Issue Bomber Jacket in Navy, $278
- Freenote Vintage Stripe button-down in Blue, $135 (orig. $180; use code BINGE25 for 25% off until 12/17)
- Hiro Clark Hollywood Bablyon tee in White, $128
- Civilianaire 13.5 Oz. Regular Fit Denim in Indigo, $220 (more colors available)
- Generic Surplus Ledger Mid shoes, $135
- This Is Ground Cargito charging sleeve for iPad Mini in Whiskey, $115.50 (on sale for a limited time; more colors/sizes available)
- KILLSPENCER convertible Dopp/Folio 2.0 bag, $189
- Dollar Shave Club gift card, $25 to $300 (other amounts available)
- O’Harrow Clothiers Solid Chambray tie, $58
- Baxter of California Invigorating Body Wash in Bergamot & Pear, $17 at ShopWittmore.com
- Preppi Survival The Prepster Lite 72-hour kit for one, $145
- Grand Theft Auto V, Los Santos & Blaine County edition, $59.99
- Umami Burger $25 gift card, $20 (discounted price for a limited time)
Our holiday gift guide series series continues with the notoriously hard-to-shop-for, other half of our population: men. Through much trial and error, we've discovered that upgrading all the tried-and-true essentials is the key to winning the gift-giving game—and since it's basically been proven that almost anyone with a Y-chromosome hate shopping, perhaps the best present of all is doing their retail therapy for them.
From best-dressed must-haves to stylish tech accessories to a video game bestseller that explores LA's parallel universe, find 10+ gift ideas for guys made by Cali-based brands or designers.