Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
If you're still trying to decode the adorable sensation that is Hello Kitty, or if you've got a zillion Sanrio superfans on your gift list, a field trip is in order to the South Bay next week. After throwing massive blowouts in Cerritos and Fullerton, the cute animated character is inching closer to LA with a warehouse sale next Saturday, December 20th and Sunday, December 21st.
Taking place at the Doubletree Hilton hotel in San Pedro, the two-day event promises up to 70% off stationery, jewelry, plush toys, accessories, and more, including "new inventory." We're also told early arrival is suggested; should you need a primer on survival, find our past guide right here.
· Hello Kitty [Official Site]
· All SaleWire Listings [Racked]
· Forty Years Young: Hello Kitty and the Power of Cute [Racked Nat'l]
· Hello Kitty's Super Warehouse Sale Returns to OC This Month [Racked]
· Lolita Style, Katy Perry, More: 30+ Snaps From Hello Kitty Con [Racked]
· 20+ Photos: Inside The Line Hotel's Ultra-Cool Hello Kitty Suite [Racked]