Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Images via Alternative
- What inspired Alternative and Levi's to partner? Nr: We have a like-minded approach to product. Orondava and I worked together in the past and I am really excited about reconnecting through Levi's California. OM: We work for brands that
- What was the inspiration behind the capsule? NR: The collection is inspired by the life we live here in California. This concept is driven by the fact that California life is a balance of straddling the indoors and the outdoors. There are fe
Levi's is known for transforming '49er dungarees into modern-day jeanswear, Alternative is known for its eco-friendly, Cali-cool basics with a Tokyo twist. Together, the brands are joining forces for a men's capsule collection, slated to land in Alternative's Abbot Kinney boutique and online next Monday, November 10th.
Priced from $68 $250, the Levi's-designed range features styles by American heritage label Pendleton and Japanese label Beams and includes jackets, tees, button-downs, and denim. We sat down with Alternative's Brooklyn-leaning creative director Orondava Mumford and Levi's global design director Nic Rendic to find out about the collab's Golden State influence; read more see all the looks below.
· Alternative [Official Site]
· Alternative Toasts Tokyo with Their First Chambray Collection [Racked]
· Alternative' New Activewear Line was Inspired by Pop Physique [Racked]
· Alternative Apparel's Orondava Mumford On His Brooklyn Lean [Racked]