Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- After pumping up the eager crowd ("We say 'Nasty,' you say 'Gal'!"), Team NG unhooked the black velvet ropes as soon as the ribbon was cut.
- #GirlBoss Sophia Amoruso poses with fans. The Nasty Gal founder hosted a starry, blogger-filled VIP party last night, where partygoers included award-winning actors Charlize Theron and Sea
- Shoppers enjoyed sweet treats like cotton candy, cupcakes, and even grand opening discounts.
- Mirrors on mirrors at the center changing room area.
- Fans wait for their chance to shop. The line of over 150 shoppers wrapped around the block. Dedication!
After over a year of waiting, guessing, and anticipating, Nasty Gal superfans can finally shop the edgy e-tailer IRL in LA. Diehards queued up as early as 6am to catch a glimpse of their dear leader (the Amoruso Army is clearly a devoted one) and at precisely 11am, founder Sophia Amoruso—whose famous fans include Charlize Theron—cut the ribbon to her first-ever #brickandmurder boutique. Yes!
Located in Madison's former space at 8115 Melrose Avenue, the 2,500-square-foot, hi-tech shop boasts phone charging stations, infinity mirrors in the changing area, and staff armed with iPads for on-the-spot checkout. As far as merch, the boutique offers a constantly rotating selection of merch from cult-fave labels (Cameo, Discount Trash, and LA's own For Love + Lemons, to name a few), alongside vintage designer finds (Chanel galore!) and its own in-house apparel and footwear line. Up ahead, take a peek inside this morning's grand opening debut and pencil in a weekend visit to see it all for yourself.
Nasty Gal Melrose is open Monday through Saturday from 10am to 7pm and Sunday from 11am to 6pm.
· Nasty Gal [Official Site]
· Nasty Gal's First LA Shop Will Be "Pretty" and "Human" [Racked]
· Next Week's Nasty Gal Store Opening Will Include Giveaways [Racked]
· It's Official: Nasty Gal's First-Ever Boutique Lands on Melrose [Racked]