Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photo via
- Start your day at Eater-faved neighborhood resto Canelé (3219 Glendale Blvd), which recently added an "ambitious"
- After filling up on sweet or savory brunch, head a few doors down to vintage treasure trove Velvet Threads (3203 Glendale Blvd). Shop owner Evita Corby offers a curated collection of clothing and apparel from the 1900s through the '80s (like Swingin' Sixt
- Next, take a music break and head a few doors down to Jacknife Records & Tapes (3149 Glendale Blvd), known for its stellar selection of cassettes. Whether you're a hi-fi or lo-fi audiophile, the shop's
- Next, hop across the street to dog-friendly indie boutique Individual Medley (3176 Glendale Blvd). Stocking a top-notch mix of handmade apparel, accessories, apothecary, home goods, and much more, the sho
- Finally, end your day at local jewelry designer Serena Kojimoto's boutique, Workshop SK (3129 1/2 Glendale Blvd). Pick up her handmade accoutrements, including delicate gold necklaces to pearl-adorned sterling silver
Now that we've explored Highland Park's indie-filled York Boulevard, it's time we turn our eye to another NELA nabe. Whether or not you agree with our sister site's stereotyped observations of Atwater Village, we can all agree that the pup-loving, artsy enclave is an ace destination for indie retail therapy.
From where to shop locally-designed clothing and accoutrements, high-end vintage treasures, rare LPs and beats on tape, and more, find this weekend's Perfect Saturday guide below.
· All Perfect Saturday Posts [Racked]
· How to Treat Your Pup to A Shopping Play Date in Venice [Racked]
· Shop Lowbrow Gifts And Vintage Treasures On Hollywood Blvd [Racked]
· Shop Cool-Kid Merch & Charming Home Goods On Sawtelle Blvd [Racked]
· Score Designer Deals & Luxe Fall Leathers at SaMo's Montana Ave [Racked]