Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Racked's Pet Week: five days' worth of coverage for LA's most stylish furry friends.
- Image via See Scout Sleep
- Uber's Pick: Luca Dog Bed, $70 and up, available at Tailwaggers. "So comfy; there are six all over my house!" [Photo via]
- Uber's Pick: Pet Flys Monkey Bon-Ami dog tote, $130 (online); available in-store at Tailwaggers Hollywood. "I have three carriers for my Pomerian—love them [and the other styles
- For the Print-Loving Pomeranian: Nice Grill Cream & Vermillion Leash, $36 at See Scout Sleep
- For the Girly German Shepherd: Pink Packabowl $18 (online); available in-store at Bruno's Venice
- For the Hiker Hound: Strong Rope Dog Leash in Navy, $52 at ResQ
- For the Downtown Doxie: Campbell Hoodie, $25 at Max Bone
- For the Bohemian Beagle: Saguaro Dog Tipi, $88 at Growler Goods
- For the Throwback-Loving Terrier: Plaid Dog Sweater, $120 at PawClawset
- For the colorful cat: Violet Cat Collar, $25 at Ike & Stella. Additional colors and dog collars also available.
- Pioneer Pet Stainless Steel Cat Water Drinking Fountain, $70 at Pussy & Pooch
Now that you know where to get your pup properly pampered before her next big play date, it's time for her to put her best paw forward in the fashion department. But the title of stylish sidekick isn't just for canines—as seen here, our feline friends also enjoy retail therapy.
In addition to rounding up our own favorite pieces for cats and dogs, we asked Uber Pineada the second season winner of Animal Planet reality game series Groomer Has It and pro pet stylist at Tailwaggers, for his top picks for stylish pups. From a chill hangout made for boho Beagles to colorful collars for creative cats, find an array of fashionable pet accessories made by LA-based brands or available at local boutiques.
· All Pet Week 2014 Posts [Racked]