Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Racked's Pet Week: five days' worth of coverage for LA's most stylish furry friends.
- Image via
- Begin your doggie date early at Westminster Dog Park (1234 Pacific Avenue), Venice's only off-leash play place for pups. Like its eclectic nabe, this spacious park is filled with enough "
- Next, make the most of your morning and roam (or jog?) over to Another Kind of Sunrise (1629 Abbot Kinney Blvd), a healthy cereal kiosk located on the far eastern end of the retail stretch. You won't find
- Continue your pet pampering at award-winning The Modern Dog (1611 Abbot Kinney Blvd), just a few doors west AKOS
- Before you head to the next point Will Leather Goods (1360 Abbot Kinney Blvd), be sure to make a pit stop at Gjelina's mystical Uniwolfcheetah, created by stylish artist (and AKOS co-owner)
- A fitting finale to your dog's big day, end your adventure at Rag & Bone's newest LA outpost (1118 Abbot Kinney Blvd). After exploring the
Though we've previously explored Venice's coolest shopping block, we're revisiting the retail stretch for a very special Pet Week edition of our Perfect Saturday series. Since our last afternoon adventure on Abbot Kinney, the canine-friendly coastal capsule has welcomed some additions to its shopping scene—so this time, we're inviting our four-pawed pals along to see what's new in the nabe.
Before your retail therapy play date begins, you'll start your morning with a walk (or run) through the park, followed by a healthy breakfast at a locally-faved cereal spot. The rest of your shopping itinerary awaits below—grab your stylish leash, don't forget your doggie bags, and let's go!