Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Racked's Pet Week: five days' worth of coverage for LA's most stylish furry friends.
- Images via XTend Barre
- Naturally, "Atlas has the best ballet turned out from legs," says Rabon. He's also quite the attention hog, she says. "He can never get too close close to you, literally he will crawl onto of your head to be as close to you as possible." In addition to al
- Atlas with his pal in Paris.
After we relevéd and pliéd at Xtend Barre earlier back in March, we couldn't help but fall head over heels for Atlas, studio owner Samantha Rabon's adorable Jack Russell Terrier. Unsurprisingly, the nine-year-old pooch is quite the ladies's dog, Rabon tells us. He's known for "greeting everyone at the front door, then instantly rolling on his back," Rabon says. Quite the charmer, indeed. The nine-year-old pooch joined Rabon when she was living in Paris (did we mention her stint at the Moulin Rouge?), and except for the command "roll over," he only understands French. "He was my second Jack Russell at the time," the Australian-bred barre instructor says, "and he's a total jet-set Frenchy; [he grew up] on scooters in Paris to New York, Sydney, and now LA."
· XTend Barre [Official Site]
· All Pet Week 2014 Posts [Racked]
· Meet Owen & Wrigley, Moo Shoes's Furry Shoe Security [Racked]
· Vita at Individual Medley Is Obsessed with Fruit and Kale [Racked]
· Racked Readers Relevéd and Pliéd to Bikini Bods at Xtend Barre [Racked]