Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Racked's Pet Week: five days' worth of coverage for LA's most stylish furry friends.
Humans aren't the only creatures who require supreme pampering. On top of enjoying prime re-tail therapy and five-star R&R retreats, LA's furriest friends also deserve incredible spa treatments to reward their extraordinary companionship.
From where to treat your canine to holistic healing to how to help your fancy feline channel her inner lioness, check out 5+ places to spoil your pet below.
1. Pussy & Pooch Pet Lifestyle Center: In addition to boasting a luxe Penthouse Boutique, Pawbar Café, Meat Market, Bathhouse, Social Club, and Training Lab, this 12,000-square-foot all-in-one pet hub also houses a Wellness Spa, where dogs and cats can enjoy holistic healing treatments by Healing Touch Vets. Their Core Wellness and Therapeutic services ($150 to $250 per session) include whole-body exams that combine Eastern and Western medicine to determine pain and stress points, dietary needs, and more. Clients also enjoy a menu of treatments, like Chinese herbal remedies, acupuncture, laser therapy, and chiropractic services, among others. We also hear their Grooming Salon's blueberry facial (included with all spa treatments) is top-notch for brightening your pup's furry face.
9388 S. Santa Monica Blvd., Beverly Hills; (310) 221-8644
2. Puppy Love Pet Spa: This friendly Eagle Rock pampering spot offers a range of top-notch grooming and styling services (bath, cuts, coloring, more), but their cleansing and detoxifying thermal Love Wrap takes it to the next level. Pooches are lathered in special moisturizing conditioners, then wrapped with a warm towel for 15 to 20 minutes; a relaxing massage tops off the experience, which costs $20 to $25.
1608 Colorado Blvd., Eagle Rock; (323) 256-2000.
3. The Barkley Pet Hotel & Day Spa: Featuring "resort-like" boarding for dogs (and cats, birds, and exotic pets), training, doggie day camp, a 24-hour pet hospital and more, this massive award-winning Westlake Village pet center features a high-end Grooming Salon Spa. On top of offering fur dyeing and feathering, treatments include Spa Bath add-ons like the Celebrity Package ($45), which treats pups to teeth brushing, a pawdicure, mud mask, and a facial and head massage.
31166 Via Colinas, Westlake Village; (818) 889-2275
4. The Best Little Cat House: For the felines, this luxury cage-free retreat on West 3rd Street (there's also locations in Burbank and Pasadena) will also help your cat channel her inner lioness at its Grooming Salon. Fur styles include the Lion Cut ($85), which leaves a "poof" at the end of your cat's tail (there's also an option to give your cat a "lion-like mane"), and the Kitten Clip ($65 and up), which shortens your pet's fur to an easy-to-maintain length that "makes them look years younger." Both treatments also include a bath and nail trim.
5862 West 3rd Street, Beverly Grove; (323) 954-2287
5. Sparky's Grooming: Pet parents love this cat and dog pampering haven (which also has a location in Beverly Hills) for its natural shampoo products and clean, purified environment, which features "relaxing music and natural dog-appeasing pheromones" to ensure pups feel comfy. The grooming menu also includes deep muscle massages performed by a licensed therapist, who'll treat your pet to the "same relaxation that [people] feel after a massage." ($15 per 15 minutes).
11960 Wilshire Blvd., West LA; (310) 909-7423
6. D Pet Hotels: Already a home away from home for LA's most pampered pets, this all-inclusive hotel's Grooming Spa & Wellness Center offers a complete menu of services for treating your canine like a queen. Treatments include everything from classic grooming, vitamin baths and pawdicures to detoxifying thermal wraps and rejuvenating massages.
1041 N Highland Ave, Hollywood; (323) 464-7387
7. Kennel Club Pet Spa: A team of expert groomers, manicurists, and masseuses are always on-hand to pamper your pet at this boarding and daycare center. Services include therapeutic baths and luxurious spa services and add-ons, like blueberry facials, hot oil treatments, moisturizing paw rubs, and more ($10 and up).
5325 W 102nd Street, Los Angeles; (310) 338-9166
· All Pet Week 2014 Posts [Racked]
· Mapped: Where to Get Your Pup Pampered Like Royalty in LA [Racked]