Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
In the spirit of our first-ever Pet Week, allow us to clear the confusion about Hello Kitty: She's an English girl with a pet cat and hamster of her own, and her 40th birthday extravaganza isn't over yet. In addition to pouncing on airplanes, hotel rooms, museums, and Little Tokyo, the non-feline continues her reign over SoCal next week, when her super warehouse sale hits Orange County.
It's all happening Saturday, November 22nd (9am to 5pm) and Sunday, November 23rd (10am to 3pm) at the Marriott Fullerton. Expect 70% off the global pop culture phenom's stationery, accessories, plush toys, jewelry, and much more during the two-day sale. Given that the last blowout sold out on day one, expect diehards to set up camp extra early for this one.
· Hello Kitty [Official Site]
· How to Survive Hello Kitty's Insane LA Sale This Weekend [Racked]
· Don't Miss Hello Kitty's Super Sale in Cerritos Next Week [Racked]
· Lolita Style, Katy Perry, More: 30+ Snaps From Hello Kitty Con [Racked]
· 20+ Photos: Inside The Line Hotel's Ultra-Cool Hello Kitty Suite [Racked]