Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Racked's Pet Week: five days' worth of coverage for LA's most stylish furry friends.
- Kimberly Pesch of Eat Sleep Wear on her 12-week-old Mini Australian Shepherd, Lola: "At 11 weeks, she was already ringing the bells on our door to go out to the bathroom. Genius little child
- Kelly Oxford of Twitter and Instagram on her one-and-a-half-year-old exotic shorthairs rescued from
- Jenny Bernheim of Margo & Me on her four-year-old French bulldog, Margo: "Margo has habit of what I refer to as 'rocking out'—she sits on her bum with her paws straight out in front of her a
- Jayne Min of Stop It Right Now on her Pomeranians, Kuma (three-and-a-half) and Pepper (three): "Kuma does a thing we call 'Thunder Stomping.' When she wants something, she sits on her hind
- Jesse Southern of J. Southern Studio on her eight-year-old Chihuahua/Shih-Tzu mix rescue, Charlie Cheeseburger: "Everything he does is adorable and ridiculous. He sleeps all day
- Rumi Neely of Fashiontoast on her six-year-old Persian, Kumo: "He sleeps with his head on my pillow! He also has his own Instagram."
- Marissa A. Ross of Wine. All the Time. on her nine-year-old pure bred Pomeranian, Zissou, and her two-year-old Pomeranian mix, Kaw-Liga: "They are both adorable and ridiculous all the tim
- Courtney Trop of Always Judging on her nine-year-old Doberman, Turbo: "She circles me when we go on hikes to protect me, the entire time. She also stands in front of me whenever there's anyone
- Katie Kay Mead of Made for Pearl and The Modern Territory on her five-year-old Bull Terrior/Venice Beach Stray Sample
- Danielle Directo-Meston of Racked LA on her six-year-old Chihuahua/Terrier mix, Lucky: ": My husband trained her to dance and "die", à la Uggie the dog in <
- Taye Hansberry of Stuff She Likes on her three-year-old Matipoos, Oliver and Madison: "They both can jump as high as my waist, which means that they can pretty much get to anything they wan
Kicking off Pet Week is a roundup of our city's coolest pet owners, ranging from blogstars like Rumi Neely of Fashiontoast (above) and Jayne Min of Stop It Right Now to hilarious web sensations like Kelly Oxford and Marissa Ross. Here, they share photos of their cute cats and pups while explaining just why these spirit animals make the fur balls, chewed up shoes, and constant clean-up all worth it.
· All Pet Week 2014 Posts [Racked]