Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Now that you've seen the lookbook, price list, and the many teasers on RiRi and LA's biggest blogstars, it's time prep yourself for the Alexander Wang x H&M collection, which arrives in H&M stores on Thursday, November 6th. If you're familiar with last year's Isabel Marant for H&M launch, then you know winning this one will require an equally serious game plan. Below, find a list of the six Los Angeles H&M shops carrying the goods and pro tips for conquering the collab.
1. All stores will open at 8am. Our sister site Racked National notes that per H&M's microsite, the collab launches in-store at 8am local time and online at 10pm EST. Expect diehards to start lining up the night before.
2. The wristband system is back. In the How to Shop section, you'll see that the first 420 people in line will be broken down into groups of thirty. Each person will receive a colored wristband that corresponds to their group.
3. You have 15 minutes to shop. After your group is finished shopping, there will be a five-minute break so staff can tidy up the floor before the next wave. After three and a half hours, the collaboration will be opened to everyone.
4. There's a purchase limit. Per the microsite, shoppers can buy up to two items per style in-store and online. Choose wisely; we recommend beelining to the blogger-approved items above.
5. Returns are accepted, except on accessories. H&M will offer a return or exchange on everything except accessories with seven days of purchase date, as long as you have a receipt. If you miss the seven-day mark or don't have a receipt, refunds will be issued as a store credit.
Now, here's a list of all six local H&Ms carrying the collab, with line locations:
Beverly Center (8500 Beverly Blvd; 310-855-1009)
Line will form in front of Macy's outside of the mall.
West Hollywood (8580 Sunset Blvd; 855-466-7467)
Line will form in front of the store on the Sunset side.
Westfield Century City (10250 Santa Monica Blvd; 310-843-9543)
Line will form in front of store and wrap around alongside Victoria's Secret.
Americana at Brand (891 Americana Way; 818-502-9835)
Line will form in front of the Apple store.
FIGat7th (735 S Figueroa St; 213-623-3756)
Line will form in front of the store and wrap around alongside Zara.
Staff says they're waiting for details on security; stay tuned.
South Coast Plaza (3333 Bristol St, Costa Mesa; 714-557-0362)
Line will form in front of Bloomingdale's outside of the mall.
Good luck! We'll be reporting live from the scene on Thursday morning.
· Alexander Wang x &M [Official Site]
· The List of Cities Getting Alexander Wang x H&M [Racked Nat'l]