Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
You've got your epic Halloween ensemble (right?)—now it's time to find a stylish haunt for showing off your award-winning costume. From LACMA's annual Costume Ball to West Hollywood's insane Carnaval, see the best events this week has to offer below. As always, don't forget your DD.
Wednesday, October 29th:
· Lucha Va Voom's Mexican masked wrestling and saucy striptease gets spookier with its Night of the Vampire edition at the Mayan Theatre in DTLA (1038 S Hill St). 8pm—12am. Buy tickets for $40 to $75 here.
· 143 and DJ SoSuperSam present the Halloween costume edition of their '90s R&B dance party at Los Globos in Silver Lake (3040 Sunset Blvd). 10pm—2am. Event is free.
· Goodie Tu-Shoes presents a live performance of Rocky Horror Picture Show at Dirty Laundry in Hollywood (1725 N Hudson Ave). 9pm—2am. Free with RSVP here.
Thursday, October 30th:
· Mondrian Hotel's Skybar transforms into Strange & Unusual, an interactive Beetlejuice-themed rager complete with a photobooth and DJ sets by Eric Sharp, Whitney Fierce, and Diallo (8440 Sunset Blvd). 8pm—2am. General admission is $20; get more deets on table packages and buy tickets here.
· Destination Luxury's Futurist Ball takes over a secret location in DTLA for an evening of space-chic fashion. 9pm—2am. Tickets are $20 to $75 online or $100 at the door.
Friday, October 31st:
· LACMA's 11th annual Costume Ball: The Living Museum invites partygoers to dress as their favorite work of art for a chance to win epic prizes (5905 Wilshire Blvd). In addition, costume contest judge and Hollywood Costume curator Deborah Nadoolman Landis PhD and others will lead special ticketed tours of the film fashion exhibit before the bash (5905 Wilshire Blvd). 9pm—1am. Buy $100 tickets ($60—$80 for members) online here.
· Veuve Clicquot's Yelloween takes over the Viceroy Hotel in Santa Monica with a costume contest, drinks, dancing, and DJs (1819 Ocean Ave). 10pm—2am and 9pm—2am. Buy tickets for the Viceroy $20 here and here.
· Mmhmmm presents Celebrity Is Dead at The Standard, Hollywood (8300 Sunset Blvd). Special DJ sets by Todd Edwards, Sam Sparro, and Kim Anh. 9pm—2am. RSVP here for free admission.
· West Hollywood's massive Halloween Carnaval brings crazy costumes, live acts, and more to Santa Monica Boulevard. 6pm—11pm. Check out the full schedule of performances and details about the free event here.
· Greystone Manor presents Halloween Horror Club in West Hollywood (643 N La Cienega Blvd). Buy tickets for $40 online here.
· The Bungalow's Monster Mash party (101 Wilshire Blvd). 5pm—2am. Free.
Saturday, November 1st:
· Dia de los Muertos at Hollywood Forever Cemetery (6000 Santa Monica Blvd). This year's theme is Quinceañera; live performances include Carla Morrison, La Santa Cecilia, Gaby Moreno, and more. 12pm—12am. $20 online or at the door.
· Hard Fest's two-day Day of the Dead invades the Fairplex in Pomona (1101 W McKinley Ave). Buy one-day GA and VIP tickets ($99—$149 plus fees) or two-day ($169—$289 plus fees) online here.