Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Founded by Portland barbers Tony Pin and Mike Hare of The Modern Man Barber Shop & Gentleman's Supply, the traditional-style barber shop offers dudes cuts, straight razor shaves, and a wide selection of grooming products and accessories including bow ties, combs, pomades, shaving creams, and beard oils.
But that's not all: The shop also features its very own tattoo parlor, Rose and Dagger Tattoo Studio (enthusiasts, add that to your hit list). LA-native Eli Falconette is the founder and owner behind the studio, which features a rotating roster of local and visiting artists. Basically, the shop has everything a guy needs to look like a well-groomed gentleman.
Manly and Sons Barber Co. and Rose and Dagger Tattoo Studio are open everyday from 10am to 8pm.
· Manly and Sons Barber Co. [Official Site]
· Rose and Dagger Tattoo Studio [Instagram]
· Echo Park Scores a New, Very-Manly Barber Shop [Racked]
· Mapped! 12 LA Tattoo Parlors for Scoring Spectacular Ink [Racked]
· Groom's Grooming Guide: LA's Best Barbers, Nail Salons, More [Racked]