Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- These Mean Girls could pass for a Nasty Gal parody, no?
- Greaser guys.
- The Craft, American Apparel edition.
- Aptly titled, "Rattlesnake."
- A Clockwork Orange-inspired girl group.
- Beetlejuice and Lydia Deetz, anyone?
- Boy + boy emoji, awww.
- The O.G. Aubrey Plaza, Daria Morgendorffer.
- Cha cha cha!
Indeed, it seems like American Apparel's days of raunchy and risqué ads are over—perhaps thanks to its never-ending drama with former CEO Dov Charney. Though previous years have seen all sorts of weirdly sexy and inventive get-ups, the controversial LA basics brand's Halloween costume lookbook is relatively tame this time around.
If you snoozed on snagging the cream of the crop at LA's best costume shops, you've still got a few more days to gather up pieces for your last-minute ensemble. (Shame!) Below, see what the crafty, sorta PC-friendly folks at American Apparel have in mind and check the full 60+ lookbook right here.
· American Apparel [Official Site]
· American Apparel Fires CEO Dov Charney For Misconduct [Racked]
· Ten Top-Notch Costume Spots to Get Ready for Halloween [Racked]
· American Apparel's Halloween Involves Frida, Fancy Fish, More [Racked]
· Then & Now: Frederick's of Hollywood's Sexy Halloween Costumes [Racked]