Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Shelter Half's made-in-America marketplace began as a pop-up on District La Brea, where it hosted a slew of cool events and championed US-made merch. Its reign on La Brea is sadly coming to an end after two years—but Shelter Half's conscious commerce mission lives on as former pop-up tenant Aether Apparel is taking over the 4,000-square-foot space.
Per the stylish LA adventure gear brand's Facebook, it's converting the insider-faved spot into its LA flagship this November. Meanwhile, Shelter Half has relocated to Venice as Casa Shelter, a cool AirBNB-like concept space. No word yet on the exact opening date for Aether; stay tuned.
· Shelter Half [Official Site]
· Aether Apparel [Official Site]
· Aether Apparel's Stylish Adventure Gear Lands in Shelter Half [Racked]
· AETHERla Opens on Melrose; DTLA Voted "Most Walkable" [Racked]
· A New Made-in-America Marketplace Pops Up on La Brea [Racked]