Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photos by Elizabeth Daniels
- The excitement begins in the lobby, where a collection of collaborative pieces encourage guests to leave their belongings at home and shop Ace's offerings instead. Highlights include
- Ace Hotel x Moscot shades FTW. Just in time for Fitness Week, Ace partnered with LA streetwea
- Cool fact: Those scripts on the wall are real, and they were actually discovered during the renovation process!
- Clever sketches by LA's Haas Brothers lines the walls of the coffee bar and mezzanine lounge.
- On the the glorious guest rooms. Commune hooked up Noguchi lamps and Pendleton blankets woven in a pattern that salutes legendary artist Piet Mondrian. Snazzy.
- Bath products include items from NY/LA favorite Rudy's Barbershop and Pearl+.
- The environment feels homey, rustic and modern all at once.
- For a music touch, select rooms include C.F. Martin & Co. guitars and Ace x Rega RP1 turntables.
- Cozy and sleek bathrobes provided by wings+horns.
- Now, the rooftop, which just about made us faint. Inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright's Ennis House on Franklin and old-school Hollywood hot spot Les Deux Cafe (pre-Hills era, of course!), the space features an array of unique furnishings. Favorite touc
- Ladies and gentlemen, the real-deal United Artists Theatre, which was built in 1927 and features a Spanish-Gothic vibe. We can't wait to catch Spiritualized perform her
- Ace tells us that the stunning space, which showcases original murals and intricate plasterwork, is available for concerts, premieres, private screenings, seminars and "creative gatherings." We're hoping that this becomes home to a slew of upcoming fashio
- Our eyes may or may not have teared up a bit when we stepped into this room. Another win for Los Angeles City Councilmember José Huizar's Bringing Back Broadway initiative.
- Yet another example of Ace's collaborative spirit: They teamed up with restauranteur Jud Mongell of Brooklyn's Five Leaves to open the hotel's upcoming LA Chapter, an in-house resto filled with locally-sourced vegetables, fresh seafood and more. Remember
The time has finally come, friends. This Monday, Ace Hotel opened the doors to its highly-anticipated DTLA location, and it's as vibrant as Angelenos hoped it would be. We joined sister site Curbed LA yesterday for a tour of the boutique hotel's gorgeous new home at the legendary United Artists Theatre. Upon exploring every crevice, we discovered that Atelier Ace worked with a handful of rad art and fashion brands to create the space's stylish atmosphere.
Take a photo tour below and be sure to visit Curbed for more exciting snaps and tidbits about the property. This is going to be the spot during fashion week, no doubt.
· Ace Hotel [Official Site]
· What Monday's Ace Hotel Opening Means for LA Fashion [Racked]
· Here's Your First Look Inside Broadway's Brand New Ace Hotel [Curbed]