Bustown Modern Opening 01/06
- Flowy boho frocks are stocked alongside monochrome treasures from Chloé, Comme des Garçons and more.
- The store has been four years in the making, Anessa Woods and her husband Paul Fogt tell us. The couple moved to LA just four months ago from Columbus, Ohio, where they've been running their successful eBay vintage shop for over nine years.
- The 700-square-foot boutique is decked out with Art Deco and Hollywood Regency furniture. All the fixtures were built by hand by Paul. Impressive!
- We fell in love with this gorgeous little black leather handbag. Here's looking at you, Dita Von Teese.
- Bustown Modern got its start as an eBay shop, right around the time Sophia Amoruso's Nasty Gal hit the vintage apparel auction scene. Fun fact: Anessa tells us she and the NG girls "used to email back and forth" to share their business expertise.
- Furs on furs on furs (Don't tell West Hollywood).
- This 1930s display cabinet is stocked with throwback treasures, including fierce statement necklaces, Pierre Cardin leopard-print disco platforms and much more. We're not surprised the husband-and-wife duo were once vintage furniture dealers, too.
- Who will be the proud owner of those insane '70s goat hair boots?
- Don't let this photo fool you: Bustown's seriously spacious dressing room will have you wanting to play dress-up all day. Bring your pals!