Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Our motivating leader, Monica Davis!
- Definitely feeling the burn of those intense heel lifts. Beats like Vato Gonzalez's "Triplets Riddem," Sugar Hill's "Feeling for You" and Young Dro's "FDB" kept us going throughout the hour-long class. Fun fact: Pop's husband-and-wife founders, Deric and
- Monica's encouraging words helped us power through these bicep-building pulses.
- The Juice's thirst-quenching, immune system-boosting #12.
Yesterday afternoon, we took over Pop Physique in Silver Lake for our second Racked Fit Club class of 2014. Thanks to totally awesome trainer Monica Davis' encouraging words and Pop's seriously pumping playlist, we survived the entire hour of non-stop pulsing, toning and lifting. As always, Racked readers killed it.
From bicep-burning weight lifts to butt-kicking barre moves to leg-trembling heel lifts (anyone else feelin' it today?), Pop kept us moving and grooving during the intense sweat sesh with motivating beats by Sugar Hill, Audion, Lana del Rey, Disclosure and much more. After cooling down to a calming piano rendition of the Pixies' "Where is My Mind?", students were treated to sweet thirst quenchers from Los Feliz's The Juice. Check out more photos of the sold-out event and find out how to score your first Pop class for free after the jump.
Couldn't make it to our class? Mention promo code "RACKEDLA" to get your first class FREE at any Pop Physique location! Intended for new clients only.
Update 1/6/2016: The above offer is now expired.
· Pop Physique [Official Site]
· The Juice [Official Site]
· All Racked Fit Club Posts [Racked]
· Juice and Jam for Free at Pop Physique Next Monday! [Racked]