Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Now that you've got your fitness plan on lock, it's time to reward yourself with a little rejuvenating action. If you've had your share of cheap manis and are looking to splurge on some baller beautification, we've rounded up ten excellent spas for big spenders that can be found all around LA.
From white caviar treatments at The Beverly Hills Hotel (pictured) to 24-carat gold facials at Equinox Century City to anti-gravity facelifts at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, there's a budget-bashing service available for just about every type of pleasure seeker. Of course, many of these indulgent retreats are located inside hotels, because that's how we do in LA. Shall we?
Photo via Ritz Carlton
1. The Ritz-Carlton Spa: This 8,000-square-foot sanctuary is filled with nine treatment rooms, eucalyptus steam rooms, cold plunge showers, a couple's suite and a full-service hair salon. Signature experiences include the three-hour Red Carpet Ready treatment ($450) that includes a champagne massage, an "ageless beauty" facial, a mani/pedi, full hair and makeup application.
900 W Olympic Blvd, Downtown; 213-743-8800
Photo via Beverly Wilshire
2. The Spa at Beverly Wilshire: Located a stone's throw away from Rodeo Drive, this spa caters to big spenders looking for top-of-the-line primping. Signatures include the three-hour 10 Carat Facial ($800), which is an anti-aging treatment that "leaves your skin dressed in diamond dust" and the Deluxe Sparkle Package ($1,055) offering a diamond facial, bodywork, mani/pedi and a complimentary Natura Bissé Diamond Collection gift set.
9500 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills; 310-275-5200
Photo via Ciel Spa
3. Ciel Spa at SLS Hotel: This stylish space offers a slew of unique services, including the one-hour Nirvana Massage ($330), where two therapists simultaneously perform a choreographed massage and, for couples, the two-hour Sweet Loving Souls package ($525) that begins with a candlelit soak in side-by-side baths and conclude with a dual 90-minute massage. And let's not forget the three-hour Red Carpet Ritual ($1,000) offering an exfoliating body scrub, a hot stone massage, a customized facial and hair styling at Robert Vetica Salon by Mr. Vetica himself.
465 S La Cienega Blvd, Beverly Hills; 310-246-5560
Photo via Sunset Marquis
4. SPA at Sunset Marquis: Given that this iconic hotel houses some of the biggest rock stars on the planet (Katy Perry is a huge fan), the 1,800-square-foot spa is designed to accommodate famous faces. Treatments include the Sunset Marquis package ($465), which includes a 50-minute massage, a 50-minute facial and a mani/pedi. Looking for privacy? In-room massage services are available 24 hours a day.
1200 Alta Loma Rd, West Hollywood; 310-657-1333
Photo via Peninsula
5. The Spa at Peninsula Beverly Hills: Open 8am to 10pm daily, the spa features seven treatment rooms and two nail suites, a fitness center, a Serenity Lounge, men's and women's relaxation areas and steam rooms. They're known for their unique gemstone treatments, including the 75-minute Shiffa Total Healing Journey ($315) that offers a head-to-toe gemstone oil massage and facial cleansing. Fancy.
9882 Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills; 310-551-2888
Photo via Trip Advisor
6. ONE the Spa at Shutters on the Beach: This destination embodies the coastal ambiance within a nautical-inspired intimate, private space. Signature treatments include the 90-minute Red Flower Japan service (book), complete with a bamboo exfoliation, wild cherry blossom body buff, an energizing shiatsu massage and a lather of plum blossom silk cream. Want a day pass? $395 gets you 60-minute massage, a 60-minute facial, a mani/pedi, lunch at Coast Beach Cafe & Bar, pool access and free valet parking.
1 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica; 310-458-0030
Photo via Beverly Hills Hotel
7. Beverly Hills Hotel Spa by La Prairie: In addition to offering exclusive jewelry in their gift shop, this landmark property also hosts a 1,916-square-foot spa with six swanky treatment rooms. Offering more than 40 of La Prairie's one-of-a-kind body therapies, spendy services include the 90-minute White Caviar Illuminating Treatment ($1,000) featuring a cellular three-minute peel, a hand and foot soothing and a unique Caviar Intensive Eye Lift Système treatment.
9641 Sunset Blvd, Beverly Hills; 310-276-2251
Photo via Timeout
8. The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village: Wildly popular among spa snobs, this 41,000-square-feet retreat has been voted one of the top spas in America by Conde Nast Traveler. Stats include 28 spa treatment rooms, 30 face and body treatments, 12 types of massages and four hours of complimentary parking. As for the goods, folks flock here for the 80-minute Anti-Gravity Facelift ($270-$2,000) that "instantly tones, lifts, firms and re-educates tired muscles." This is also home to the California Health & Longevity Institute, where you can get your teeth whitened, speak to a nutritionist and get your acupuncture on all in one place.
2 Dole Dr, Westlake Village; 818-575-3010
Photo via Ole Henriksen
9. OLEHENRIKSEN Face/Body Spa: Tucked away in the Sunset Plaza's lower level, this tranquil treasure frequented by Ellen Degeneres and Charlize Theron is great for post-vacation relaxation. Highlights include the 80-minute Red Carpet Complexion Treatment $375) and the 110-minute Princess Spa Ritual ($250) offering salt scrub, followed by a warm honey wrap and freshly grated cucumbers applied to your face. After rinsing off in Ole's signature wet room, you're whisked away to private suite for a one-hour customized massage.
8622A Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood; 310-854-7700
Photo via Spaphile
10. Spa @ Equinox Century City: Fitness buffs soothe their overworked bodies at this luxury day spa, where everything from massages to waxing to luxe facials are offered. Pricey requests include the 24-Carat Gold Facial ($165) with 24k gold powder and silk extract that moisturizers, hydrates, lifts and firms the skin, and the Caviar Indulgence Signature Facial that infuses the skin with vitamins and provides direct access to the fountain of youth.
10220 Constellation Blvd, Century City; 310-552-0420