Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Meet Snow Dove, the adorably illustrated face of Face Haus custom-made by famed LA street artist Becca Midwood.
- Too-cute lip gloss and fragrance testers by pink-haired design maven (and Sparkle Factory mastermind) Tarina Tarantino.
- In addition to restoring your visage, Face Haus will also help you replenish your skincare arsenal with luxe (and organic!) brands like rocket scientist-developed Hylunia, Suntegrity, Éminence, Dermalogica and more
- Press Brothers Juicery concocted this special skin-cleansing, astringent- and antioxidant-loaded juice for Face Haus, and it was totally delish.
- Yep, and your face will be, too (trust!)
- Love the clever copy on their services menu.
- Face Haus is located just a few doors down from Racked V-Day fave Stark Waxing Studio and across the street from healthy eatery chainlet Lemonade's
From blow outs to braids to brow shaping to Blushington's express makeovers, you can pretty much find every beautification application under the sun in budget-friendly bar form. Save for Skin Laundry's 10-minute face tightening treatments, it's been a bit mind-blowing that LA has yet to score a one-stop facial bar—until now. New Studio City beauty spot Face Haus is here to change all that with luxe 30-minute facials for just $40, no Groupon coupon required.
Founded by entertainment industry vets Karey Burke, Dawn Olmstead & Jenn Worley, the serene 1,000-square-foot Scandinavia-inspired space houses eight chairs and a team of expertly-trained aestheticians, ready for your visage revitalization needs. In addition to offering a range of skin-saving services for essentially every epidermis type (yup, teens and gents covered, too) easy add-ons and emergency spot treatments, the stylish skin sanctuary also boasts money-saving memberships and packages.
Take a tour through your new fave on-the-go beauty bar after the jump.
Face Haus is open Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10am to 7pm and Sundays from 11am to 6pm; closed Mondays.
· Face Haus [Official Site]
· Quickie Facial Spa Skin Laundry Offers Glow on the Go [Racked]
· Eight Great Beauty Stops for Quick Holiday Primping [Racked]
· Drybar Encino Opens Friday; Smart & Final Returns to DTLA [Racked]