Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Apparently, December is a big month for marriage proposals, so it makes total sense that aisle-anxious brides kick off their wedding planning frenzy in January. If you've resolved to begin that hair-pulling hunt for The Dress and you enjoy wedding-themed shopping parties, then West Hollywood's massive new David's Bridal boutique is the place to be this Thursday.
From 6pm to 9pm, the wedding apparel and accessories retailer is not only throwing a grand opening bash for its new 9,100-square-foot digs, but it's also giving LA brides-to-be the first peek at designer Zac Posen's new gown collection before it hits stores on February 6th. In addition to relieving dress seekers with free bubbly and live tunes, the party will include limited-time discounts, giveaways and an appearance by celeb stylist Nikkie Pennie. Bring your bridesmaids!
· David's Bridal [Official Site]
· Hey, Brides: Octavio Carlin Revives Wedding Gown Line [Racked]
· New Bridal Boutique Della Curva Caters to Curvy Brides [Racked]
· Vera Wang to Hit Rodeo Drive, Still Refuses to Live in LA [Racked]
· Claire Pettibone's New Castle HQ is a Princess Bride's Playground [Racked]