Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Racked's Fitness Week: five days of workout coverage, so that you can start your New Year's resolutions off right.
- Image via Carbon38
- Katie says: "So this is the pièce de résistance. Feels like a sweatshirt but wears like a statement. Complete with scuba zippers, a full collar, and snuggly French terry; I have worn this with a pencil skirt, crop top and heels or on a morning jog along t
- Katie says: "Nothing like a sexy crop to take you from workout to night out. This bra can’t get out of the wash fast enough. It is supportive, yet still fashion forward with a halter neckline to show off your shoulders. I will admit that I have headed
- Our pick: Sport this bra on its own or underneath a mesh top for a peekaboo look. V-neck bra with leather detail, $73 at Solow
- Our pick: How very Helmut Lang, no? With colors in purple, black and hot pink, you can't go wrong in this number. Try it with palazzo pants or a street-sweeping skirt in a matching hue. Omemee sports bra, $24.95 at
- Katie says: "This tank hides all indiscretions while thigh dancing at Physique 57 and still looks great under a leather moto jacket. If it were July I would probably rock this on a beach cruiser with the side zippers unzipped to show off my bathing suit (
- Our pick: This casual tee is perfect for post-workout errands. Versa tee in heather, $54 at Body Language Sportswear
- Our pick: Go straight from your sweat sesh to a lounging sesh in this cowl neck shirt. Ella II long-sleeve jersey top, $79 at NUX
- Our pick: Leather moto jacket? Check. Slouchy tank? Check. Sporty chic running shorts? Boom. Add little black booties and you've got yourself a deal. Suva run short, $29.95 at
- Our pick: Throw on a sweater and some sneakers for those days you're feeling all printspirational. Onzie capri pant in diamond magic, $55 at Largo Drive
- Katie says: "These pants are a miracle worker. I usually like to stick to black on the bottom but something about this grey print just sucks it all in in all the right places. There is some nifty seaming at the waistband that keeps the lower tummy tucked
- Katie says: "I went to bed in these last night. But last week I wore them with the Athena Crop and some sparkly heels to a cocktail party—très versatile. The texture is out of this world and there are POCKETS for lip balm, car keys, phone, s
Unless you're blessed to live in a place that boasts its own fitness center, chances are you spend quite a bit of time driving to and from your daily obligations. All this shuttling about leaves little time for a wardrobe change, which makes it all the more easier to ditch any previously planned engagements—like say, the gym, or post-work happy hour, or that way overdue oil change that can wait another week.
Our car-centric city's equally obsessed with sweating it out as it is with style, and nobody knows this better than Hottest Trainer alumn Katie Johnson, whose luxury fitness site Carbon38 serves up fashionable gym gear alongside need-to-know health tips. We asked her to share a few of her wear-all-day workout faves that can go from barre class to the bar and everywhere else. While we're not about to suggest ditching the shower after a seriously major sweat sesh, do remember that baby wipes are your freshening-up friends.
With that, check out 11 ace LA-designed options—handpicked by us and Johnson—that'll help you avoid the backseat changing room sitch.
· All Fitness Week 2014 Posts [Racked]
· 12 Best Stores to Shop for Yoga Apparel and Gear in LA [Racked]
· LA's Hottest Trainer Launches Luxury Fitness Site Carbon38 [Racked]
· Race to These 10 LA Stores for Running Kicks, Gadgets & More [Racked]