Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The iconic Hollywood sign was Hermes-ified on the orange carpet. Yes, orange.
- Drinks immediately encouraged upon arrival.
- The enchantment starts from the moment you walk into the 3Labs warehouse.
- Gourmet crepes served on demand.
- Inventive, fresh juice served in both alcoholic and non-alcoholic form.
- More delicious food.
- Live music near the fancy food carts.
- The pool room's blue lighting and synchronized swimmers made you feel like you were underwater.
- Aquatic dance break.
- Upon arrival, guests received a special coin that unlocked a variety of experiences.
- Inside "The Library," which was a mini Hermes museum.
- Scarves with a story.
- More live music.
- More incredible food.
- An iconic oversized Kelly bag.
- Guest enjoyed the retro car scene recording station.
- Digital caricature portraits. Welcome to the future.
- Costumed cast members placed the party in a time capsule.
- Dinner on the boardwalk, anyone?
- Rob Ashford choreographed a retro dance number in another room with more food and drink.
- More freebees: vintage-inspired portraits.
- Jessica Alba and her husband Cash Warren pose like Old Hollywood stars in Hermes scarves.
In honor of today's highly-anticipated reopening of the Hermès Beverly Hills flagship at 434 N. Rodeo Drive (check out the Cirque du Soleil-inspired unveiling here), last night the famed luxury brand toasted the 18-month renovation with an incredibly bonkers party in Culver City. 3Lab's 30,000 square foot event space was transformed into an epic French wonderland filled with very rich food, history and people.
Putting all other opening parties to shame, the top-budget, top-secret production (we hear that not even store employees knew what to expect), featured an indoor waterfront, gourmet food carts, inventive drinks, a mini museum, live entertainment and colorful rooms filled with a variety of experiences.
Partygoers like Cameron Silver enjoyed the blue-lit pool room, where synchronized swimmers danced and posed with satisfied customers. Jessica Alba and her man Cash Warren took a liking to the vintage portrait station and played dress-up with prop Hermès scarves.
As for the super tight guest list, the aforementioned famous faces were joined by a mix of select press and loyal clients decked out in their best Hermès, some purchased from that glorious madhouse of a sale a few weeks back. We've never seen so many Birkins and Kellys in one place, and unless we raid a Kardashian's closet, we probably never will again.
· Hermès [Official Site]
· The Hermès Beverly Hills Sale is a Glorious Madhouse [Racked]
· Hermès Beverly Hills Store Video; Burning Man Survival Kit [Racked]
· Breaking! Hermès Bev Hills Is Hosting a Major Sale This Month [Racked]