Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
In addition to being a hotspot for stylish startups, LA's also a lush land of entrepreneurs, movers and shakers. If our city's top talents weren't already Downtown-bound thanks to designer-loving hubs like FactoryLA and Alameda Square, plus the soon-to-open Unique Space and Tarina Tarantino's Sparkle Factory, then LA Mart's just-opened Maker City LA creative space is yet another massive magnet for the next crop of innovators and up-and-comers.
California Apparel News' Andrew Asch paid a visit to the inspiring space (and mysterious wonderland) at the DTLA showroom, where artists discovered their new home away from home. Housed on the 11th floor of LA Mart, the "creative habitat" offers everything from co-work spaces, 3D printing, a podcasting studio, an experimental kitchen and more.
· The Big Party at LA Mart's New Creative Space [CAN]
· Maker City LA [Official Site]
· Is LA the Next Silicon Valley for the Fashion World? [Racked]
· Unique LA's Founder to Open Massive Creative Space in DTLA [Racked]
· Tarina Tarantino's DTLA Sparkle Factory To Open Summer 2014 [Racked]