Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The 65th Primetime Emmy Awards came and went. In addition to on-air highs and lows, and wild moments you didn't see (catch our behind-the-scenes coverage from inside the show shortly!), the red carpet was graced with more than 75 looks that ranged from OMG to WTF. To help us zero-in on the former, we asked superstar stylist, footwear fanatic and dream bride Joey Tierney to round up the five gals who got it right. Do you agree?
1. Rose Byrne in Calvin Klein: "This was hands down my number one pick as best dressed. She was simple and chic, and the pale pink was very on point as it's one of the top colors for fall 2013. She was absolutely stunning."
2. Kate Mara in J Mendel: "She looked sexy and her hair was perfect for the dress she was wearing."
3. Taylor Schilling in Thakoon: "The Orange is the New Black star looked smart and clean but also with an edge. This was quite a nice upgrade from her usual prison uniform."
4. Kaley Cuoco in Vera Wang: "Kaley made a big bang on the red carpet wearing another one of fall 2013's hottest colors, oxblood."
5. Amanda Peet in Erdem: "Another big trend we've been seeing is sheer fabric, and Amanda was on trend with this dress."
· All Emmys 2013 Coverage [Racked]
· Celeb Stylist Cher Coulter's Best-Dressed Emmy Picks [Racked]
· 13 LA Tastemakers Reveal Their Very-Dreamy Bridal Looks [Racked]
· Gucci, Givenchy, Giuseppe: Inside a Star Stylist's Shoe Closet [Racked]