Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Although the line to get into the event is super-crazy, it's right next to the limo drop-off, so you get to see star looks before they hit the red carpet. There goes Julie Bowen.
- Once you (finally) get to the entrance, you have to go through an airport-like security checkpoint. Good thing they let everyone keep on their pricey jewels because that would have been a situation.
- Once you're on the red carpet, it's absolutely nutty. Ropes separate the star guests and regular folk guests.
- After taking as many selfies as possible on the red carpet, you're led to the Nokia Theatre entrance where you encounter a lengthy list of prohibited items. (No fireworks or beach balls? No fun.)
- Celebrities anxiously wait for commercial breaks (there are a lot of them) so they can get up and mingle with fellow famous people.
- Some moments are so epic that the room is filled with silence, like when Elton John took the stage to tribute Liberace.
- Although some say that this year's Emmys included one too many dance numbers, that Outstanding Choreography dance tribute was a big win for the room and even got some people out of their seats.
- In addition to celeb mingling, commercial breaks also include big screens playing snippets from past Emmys shows. Yes, that's Michael Bolton dressed as a pirate.
- After the show, all guests walk over to the Governors Ball. Regular folk guests often ask awarded celebs if they can take pictures with their golden statues. It's annoying to them, but so fun for us.
- The Governors Ball takes your breath away, seriously. This year's theme was "Enchanted Forest," and the Emmys held nothing back to make it as such.
- Lucky guests to the Governors Ball are assigned to a table, where they get to eat lots of fancy food and drink lots of beverage varieties.
- Seriously, there are a lot of beverage varieties.
- Some tables are more popular than others, like #403, where the entire Breaking Bad cast was. (Congrats to their Best Drama Series win!) Poor guys were hardly able to eat their meals due to the constant camera flashes and video crews.
- Hard to believe that this magical place was the Lululemon warehouse sale's stomping grounds just a few weeks ago.
We came, we saw, we Tweeted, we 'grammed. This year, Audi invited us to the Emmys, where we viewed all the best-dressed stars and caught all the weirdness first-hand. Although the live broadcast featured tons of memorable moments, did you know that there's an additional layer of action that goes down when you're on the grounds? We saw it all and want you to see it, too.
In addition to Kate Mara backing out of accepting David Fincher's House of Cards award and Sofia Vergara looking like the real-life version of the Salsa Dancer Emoji (you know the one), we spotted a handful of must-share scenes directly from the front lines. Catch all the red carpet madness, security procedures, commercial break entertainment and Governors Ball enchantment below.
· Audi [Official Site]
· All Emmys Coverage [Racked]
· Star Stylist Joey Tierney Shares Her Best-Dressed Emmy Picks [Racked]